---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 10:06 AM
Subject: 2016 Spring Plug Order Form - Central Region Teachers
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: Trisha Lastly <[log in to unmask]>, timlewis53 <[log in to unmask]>

Teachers -

Attached you will find the Spring 2016 Plant Order form.  As asked for, we have simplified the tray sizes and the order form some.

THERE ARE 4 TABS - one for annuals, rooted cuttings, vegetables, and herbs.
Please complete the order form, save it to your computer using your school name - ex: BonaireMiddle-Spring2016OrderForm and then email it back to me.

Please see the information below concerning the order deadline, plant pickup location options, and plant combination suggestions.

ORDER DEADLINE
The deadline to place your order is Wednesday, November 4th

DELIVERY OPTIONS
I will send out an email in Jan to set up your pick up location.
This year we are offering FIVE pickup location options:
Saturday, February 6th in conjunction with State CDEs at Fort Valley State.
Monday, February 8th - There will be 1 centrally located school pick up in Area 3
Tuesday, February 9th - There will be 1 centrally located school pick up in Area 4
Wednesday, February 10th in conjunction with the Region Poultry CDE in Eastman.
or You can pick up directly from the grower in South Houston County.

TRAY SIZES EXPLANATION
Plugs come in 288 which will typically give you 8 flats per variety.
Plugs also come in 144 which will be larger plants than 288 and give you 4 flats per variety.  This is better for those of you that like to have early plant sales.
New this year is a 50 tray for those of you that may want to try something new without having to commit to a lot of plant material.

PLANT COMBINATION SUGGESTIONS
You will find there are several new items on the list this year that work great in mixed container baskets (1 or more different plants per basket/pot) such as:

There is a new plant on the plug page called FUSEABLES that is already mixed for you - great for those of you new to the school greenhouse and worried about putting together mixed baskets correctly

Scaveola (a cascading flowering plant) mixed with wave petunias
Creeping jenny (a unique lime green plant that spills over containers) mixed with impatiens or petunias
Canna Lily (dwarf), sweet potato vine, and wave petunias
Creeping jenny, hypoestes, and petunia
Calibrachoa (also known as million bells), sweet potato vine and verbena
Coleus, Verbena, impatiens
Heliotrope, dichondra (petite leaves that spill over pot), vinca
Hollyhock, calibrachoa, hypoestes
Sweet potato vine, portulaca, melampodium
Ornamental fountain grasses, creeping jenny, dichondra

Feel free to call or email - I'd be more than happy to assist you in making your selections or with any questions you may have.

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education