The following schools have registered for Area Floriculture - deadline to
register is TODAY - Friday, Nov 20th

> Area 3 Junior - 20 teams - Bonaire, Dutchtown, Eagle's Landing,  Harris,
Henry, Houston, Huntington, Jackson, Jones, LaGrange, Mary Persons, Mossy
Creek, Northside, Perry High, Perry Middle, Pike High, Pike Middle, Thomson
Middle, Twiggs, Upson Lee Middle

> Area 3 Senior - 21 teams - Baldwin, Dooly, Eagles Landing, Harris,
Houston, Jones, LaGrange, Manchester, Mary Persons, Peach Co, Perry,
Piedmont Academy, Pike, Rutland, Schley, Stockbridge, Taylor Co, Troup,
Union Grove, Veterans, Warner Robins

> Area 3 Shirts - Bonaire Middle - 3, Huntington -4, Northside -2, Taylor
Co High -1, Piedmont Academy-4, Thomson Middle - 6, and Upson Lee Middle -
4

> Area 4 Junior - 18 teams - Burke Middle, Effingham Middle, ECI, Evans,
Harlem, Islands, Jenkins Middle,  Screven High, Screven Middle, South
Effingham High, South Effingham Middle, Southeast Bulloch, Thomson High,
Thomson Middle, Toombs High, Toombs Middle, Wheeler High, Wheeler Middle

> Area 4 Senior - 11 teams - Burke High, Cross Creek, East Laurens,
 Effingham High, Evans, Harlem, Screven High, Southeast Bulloch, Thomson,
Toombs, West Laurens

> Area 4 Shirts - Effingham High - 6, ECI - 4, West Laurens - 4, Effingham
Middle -3, Jenkins Middle - 3, Toombs High - 8, Toombs Middle - 6,
Southeast Bulloch - 5, Cross Creek - 4, East Laurens - 4

Ag. Ed. Website and login page.  Here is some additional information

> Sign In: 4 PM     Contest Starts:  4:30 PM
>

> Eligibility
> Junior: This event is open to students in grades 6-9 who are agricultural
education students, and are paid members of a chartered FFA chapter. Each
student’s name must appear on the chapter’s FFA roster at least 10 days
prior to competition above the chapter level.

> Senior: This event is open to students in grades 9-12 who are
agricultural education students, and are paid members of a chartered FFA
chapter. Each member of the team must be a member of the chapter
registering them, and each student’s name must appear on the chapter’s FFA
roster at least 10 days prior to competition above the chapter level.

> Location
>
> *Area 4 FFA Floriculture CDE, December 8th @ Southeast Bulloch High
School

> *Area 3  FFA Floriculture CDE, December 10th @ Pettigrew Center at Fort
Valley State University

>  Tshirts
>
> Tshirts are available for this event and must be ordered online with
event registration.

> Tshirt Design is attached.
>
> Invoices are available on the Georgia AgEd Website by clicking on account
balances and then selecting the region balance tab in the upper right
corner of the screen.

> You can then download a PDF invoice to turn in to your book keeper.
>

> Registration
>
> *The deadline is FRIDAY,  November 20th, 2015 by 11:00pm.
>
> *All students must be pre-registered for adequate materials to be
purchased.

> To register for the CDE.
> Go to the AG. Ed. Website and log in.
> Click on Event Registration.
> Click on Area 3 or Area 4 Floriculture CDE Registration.
> Click on the edit for each team that your are registering.
> Click on edit for the T-shirts that you order. It will make an invoice
for your T-shirts.
> It has opened to register your teams and closes on 11/20/15 at 11:00 p.m.
>

> Supplies Needed:
>
> *Students should bring:
>
> - a clean clipboard,
>
> - several number 2 pencils,
>
> - a NON-PROGRAMMABLE calculator  (Cell phones can not be used as a
calculator nor will they be allowed in the competition area).

http://www.gaaged.org/page.aspx?ID=76

> SENIORS
>
> The career development event will be conducted in FOUR PHASES:
>
> Identification of Plants, Tools and Materials:  Twenty-five specimens
from the Georgia Floriculture Plant List and Horticulture Tool  and
Materials List will be displayed for contestants to identify.  Participants
have 25 minutes to complete this event phase.

>  General Knowledge:  The general knowledge section will consist of
twenty-five questions covering all areas of the floriculture industry.
Participants have 25 minutes to complete this phase.

>  Problem Solving:  This phase will consist of five problem solving
questions. Participants have 20 minutes to complete this phase. The problem
solving questions will concentrate on a designated areas:

>         1.  Media Volume
>
>         2.  Area and Volume
>
>         3.  Chemical and fertilizer application
>
>         4.  Irrigation
>
>         5.  Pricing
>
>  Disorder Identification:  Contestants will be required to identify plant
disorders including diseases, insects, weeds, and nutritional disorders and
specify, if requested, those pesticides or other treatments necessary to
remedy the problem.  Items for this phase of the career development event
will be selected from the Disorders List.  Participants have 20 minutes to
complete this event phase.

> JUNIORS:
>
> The career development event will be conducted in TWO PHASES:
>
> Identification of Plant Materials: Twenty-five specimens from the Georgia
Junior Floriculture List will be displayed for contestants to identify.
Participants have 30 minutes to complete this event phase.

> General Knowledge: The general knowledge section will consist of
twenty-five questions covering basic horticulture.  Participants have 25

http://www.gaaged.org/docs/sidemodules/62263_Floriculture_CDE_Training_Guide.pdf

> I also have several PowerPoints from past CDEs that you can use to review
plant material with your students.  If you are interested let me know and I
will share these with you via google docs.