Teachers,

This year the Marketing Plan CDE is a straight-to-state event, meaning we will not hold Area qualifiers. Any chapter registering a Marketing Plan CDE team will compete at the state CDE which will be held as part of the state CDE day at Ft. Valley State University on Saturday, February 6. I will serve as the state Superintendent of the Marketing Plan CDE this year, so please feel free to contact me if you have questions about the event. If you are considering having a Marketing Plan CDE team this year, please review this information and the attached guidelines very carefully.

• 3 member team
• CDE consists of a written plan and a presentation
• Guidelines/expectations of the written plan and presentation are clearly defined in state Marketing Plan rules (attached to this email)
• Team should partner with a local business or enterprise and decide on a product or service that your team can market.
• Teams should not attempt to market an entire business or enterprise, but rather a specific product that is valued-added.
• All teams will compete at the state CDE (without Area qualifier) on February 6, 2016.
• If 8 or more teams enter, presentations will be conducted in 2 flights, each with a separate set of judges. In that scenario, the top 2 teams from each flight will advance to the Finals round (new set of judges) based on their written plan scores and the presentation scores.
• Written plans will need to be emailed to the state Superintendent (Ben Lastly) no later than January 15, 2016. That will allow me time to get Plans sorted, copied and scored prior to the February 6 CDE. Any plan received after January 15 will incur a point deduction for being late.
• In early December, I will create an online registration for the state Marketing Plan CDE through the online roster/registration system on the Georgia FFA website. Any chapter wanting to compete will be expected to complete the online registration prior to the January 15 deadline to submit written plans. At that point, registration will be closed.

If you have never seen a Marketing Plan presentation before, I encourage you to use this link and watch the Final 4 of the national Marketing Plan CDE from this past National Convention. https://www.ffa.org/broadcast

If you have questions about the Marketing Plan CDE, I hope that you will call on me.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA