Good evening all my horticulturalist in South Region!

Attached you will find the Spring 2016 Plant Order form.  As asked for, we
have simplified the tray sizes and the order form some.

THERE ARE 4 TABS - one for annuals, rooted cuttings, vegetables, and
herbs.
Please complete the order form, save it to your computer using your school
name - ex: *CoffeeCoMiddle-**Spring2016OrderForm* and then email it back to
me.

Please see the information below concerning the order deadline, plant pickup
location options, and plant combination suggestions.

ORDER DEADLINE
The deadline to place your order is

* Wednesday, November 4th *

DELIVERY OPTIONS
*I will send out an email in Jan to set up your pick up location. *
This year we are offering *THREE* pickup location options:
Saturday, February 6th in conjunction with State CDEs at Fort Valley State.
Monday, February 10th - Region Poultry Judging CDE at Eastman
Tuesday, February 12th - Tifton (either ABAC or UGA Tifton - location will
be determined)

TRAY SIZES EXPLANATION
Plugs come in 288 which will typically give you 8 flats per variety.
Plugs also come in 144 which will be larger plants than 288 and give you 4
flats per variety.  This is better for those of you that like to have early
plant sales.
New this year is a 50 tray for those of you that may want to try something
new without having to commit to a lot of plantmaterial.

PLANT COMBINATION SUGGESTIONS
You will find there are several new items on the list this year that work
great in mixed container baskets (1 or more differentplants per basket/pot)
such as:

There is a new plant on the plug page called FUSEABLES that is already
mixed for you - great for those of you new to the school greenhouse and
worried about putting together mixed baskets correctly

Scaveola (a cascading flowering plant) mixed with wave petunias
Creeping jenny (a unique lime green plant that spills over containers)
mixed with impatiens or petunias
Canna Lily (dwarf), sweet potato vine, and wave petunias
Creeping jenny, hypoestes, and petunia
Calibrachoa (also known as million bells), sweet potato vine and verbena
Coleus, Verbena, impatiens
Heliotrope, dichondra (petite leaves that spill over pot), vinca
Hollyhock, calibrachoa, hypoestes
Sweet potato vine, portulaca, melampodium
Ornamental fountain grasses, creeping jenny, dichondra

Feel free to call or email - I'd be more than happy to assist you in making
your selections or with any questions you may have. Happy ordering!

--
*Trisha Rae Lastly *
*South Region Agriculture Education *