Hey there my plant lovers!

Here is your reminder that your spring plant plug order forms are due today. Below are the chapter's forms that I have received thus far and I hope that I can send a list out again tomorrow with the final list. Also below is the email again that I originally sent out with plug information!

Some Trisha thoughts -
I know that you all already know this but a greenhouse can be a money maker for your program. It can also be an important way to connect with your community. I can remember talking to little old ladies that ended up supporting our chapter through the time spent with them our plant sale. It also allows students to add hours to their SAEs after school. Just some thoughts!

Happy ordering!

Schools that have turned in orders:

Clinch County
Coffee Middle
Coffee High
Telfair Co High
Lowndes Middle
Early County High
Bainbridge Middle
Echols County
Berrien County High

------------

Attached you will find the Spring 2016 Plant Order form.  As asked for, we have simplified the tray sizes and the order form some.

THERE ARE 4 TABS - one for annuals, rooted cuttings, vegetables, and herbs.
Please complete the order form, save it to your computer using your school name - ex: CoffeeCoMiddle-Spring2016OrderForm and then email it back to me.

Please see the information below concerning the order deadline, plant pickup location options, and plant combination suggestions.

ORDER DEADLINE
The deadline to place your order is Wednesday, November 4th

DELIVERY OPTIONS
I will send out an email in Jan to set up your pick up location.
This year we are offering THREE pickup location options:
Saturday, February 6th in conjunction with State CDEs at Fort Valley State.
Monday, February 10th - Region Poultry Judging CDE at Eastman
Tuesday, February 12th - Tifton (either ABAC or UGA Tifton - location will be determined)

TRAY SIZES EXPLANATION
Plugs come in 288 which will typically give you 8 flats per variety.
Plugs also come in 144 which will be larger plants than 288 and give you 4 flats per variety.  This is better for those of you that like to have early plant sales.
New this year is a 50 tray for those of you that may want to try something new without having to commit to a lot of plant material.

PLANT COMBINATION SUGGESTIONS
You will find there are several new items on the list this year that work great in mixed container baskets (1 or more different plants per basket/pot) such as:

There is a new plant on the plug page called FUSEABLES that is already mixed for you - great for those of you new to the school greenhouse and worried about putting together mixed baskets correctly

Scaveola (a cascading flowering plant) mixed with wave petunias
Creeping jenny (a unique lime green plant that spills over containers) mixed with impatiens or petunias
Canna Lily (dwarf), sweet potato vine, and wave petunias
Creeping jenny, hypoestes, and petunia
Calibrachoa (also known as million bells), sweet potato vine and verbena
Coleus, Verbena, impatiens
Heliotrope, dichondra (petite leaves that spill over pot), vinca
Hollyhock, calibrachoa, hypoestes
Sweet potato vine, portulaca, melampodium
Ornamental fountain grasses, creeping jenny, dichondra
--
Trisha Rae Lastly
South Region Agriculture Education