HAPPY THURSDAY SOUTH REGION AG TEACHERS!

What a great time with you and your students the past week at the fairs in your communities. It is so wonderful to see you providing opportunities to your students that test their knowledge from inside your classrooms and during your after school practices! I hope these events help you and your students to become more prepared for the Area Floriculture CDEs (December 8th and 10th) and the Area Nursery Landscape CDEs (March 1st and 3rd). I hope to see you all there with your students! Please note that these are not real CDEs these are practice CDEs to help prepare and know what needs to be worked on between now and the actual CDE.

Below you will find power points for each the senior and junior plant ID contests from the Albany Fair. I am having some technical issues today and will send the power point from yesterday soon. Please use these to study with your students. I have to send these as PDFs because they are so large. If you would like to have the actually power points I will bring them to Area Floriculture CDEs AND GVATA Mid Winter on a flash drive then you may download them to your laptop if you wish.

Also below are the score sheets from each contests. Please note that ties for Albany were broke by preselected plants and high individuals were determined by total team score.

Attached below also is a press release for the Horticulture Fair Events. Please use this in your local community and on your chapter's social media to promote what you do with your students outside of class time. This will also give students recognition for their hard work. And hey! You may even find some new supporters from your promotion!

Thanks again for your participation and I hope you all have a great rest of your week!

--
Trisha Rae Lastly
South Region Agriculture Education