Fun links related to the holidays you could tie to an environmental /sustainability lesson close to the holidays.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 12:51 AM
Subject: 5 Sustainability Resources for the Holiday Season
To: [log in to unmask]

Seasons Greetings from ChristmasSongs.net!

It's hard to believe that the holiday season is upon us!

Admittedly, I get as wrapped up in decorating, singing, baking and celebrating as the next person, but when I learned that from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day, household waste increases by more than 25%, I started researching ways to protect our environment during this joyful time of year.

I took time to put together a list of easy ways we can work together to lessen our carbon footprint while still enjoying the season to the fullest.

Calculate the Carbon Footprint of Your Holiday
http://www.carbonica.org/holiday-calculator.aspx

Energy-Efficient Home for the Holidays
http://www.lowes.com/cd_Energy+Efficient+Home+for+the+Holidays_1285965347_,

Christmas Light Energy Calculators
http://www.santasquarters.com/christmas-decoration-toolset/#ChristmasLightEnergyCalculators

Sustainable Ways to Gift Wrap
http://www.hearts.com/ecolife/sustainable-giftwrap-reusable-gift-bags-boxes/

Recycled Holiday Cards
http://www.greenfieldpaper.com/recycled_holiday_cards_recycled_holiday_card.asp

I challenge you to adopt a few new "green" traditions this season and feel good about helping our Earth!

Peace,
Andrea

http://www.christmassongs.net/ | [log in to unmask]

--