Happy Friday and last day before the Holidays for most of you!

There are so many opportunities for us as agriculture teachers to grow and learn to stay on the cutting edge of agriculture (an industry that is growing faster than we can dream!). The GA Organics Conference is one of those opportunities. This conference is a two day event in Columbus,GA on February 26th and 27th. Yes, this is the craziest month and during National FFA Week, but hey what a great activity for your National FFA Week Application! You do not have to attend both days but there are tons of educational workshops and industry contacts attending various sessions and workshops both days of the conference. (This would also be a great opportunity for those seeking to become Industry Certified in the Horticulture Area)

For those of you that have never been it is an eye opening experience and could possibly open some doors for you and your students to gain support on a whole new level for your program. If you have a school garden, greenhouse or participate in the Farm to School program THIS CONFERENCE is for YOU!

YES, you can bring your students! We encourage that actually! (hopefully in their sharp official dress of course)

Here is how this works, if you would like to attend this conference for educational opportunities and to receive a PLU credit you need to register through me. Please click the link below and include all of your information. You must also choose an educational workshop to attend. There are some on Friday and others on Saturday. Please read through the attached workshop information sheets to choose which one you would be most interested in attending. Please register through me by January 12th, 2016. After this deadline we will send you invoice for the registration fee. This fee could anywhere from $50 - $150 depending on registration numbers.

REGISTRATION LINK HERE

Thank you all for your support of the agriculture industry and your continued search for knowledge to better teach our students!

--
Trisha Rae Lastly
South Region Agriculture Education