Dear Agricultural Education friends,

It is an honor for me to announce the 2016 inductees into the Georgia Ag Teacher Hall of Fame. We are very appreciative to the Georgia FFA Alumni Executive Board for providing this event and I am thankful to Mr. Stan Mitchell, FFA Alumni Executive Director, for allowing me to be the one to share this good news. Please join me in congratulating these 3 inductees and their families:

Dr. David S. Burton – Retired as Young Farmer Ag Teacher in Jackson County after spending most of his career in agricultural education in Bainbridge and Pelham.

Mr. Hubert H. (Slim) Glisson – (Deceased) – had a long and successful career in agricultural education at Treutlen County.

Mr. Charles Lynn Hughes – long time  agriculture teacher from Echols County who also was a school principal and superintendent before retiring.

The Ag Teacher Hall of Fame ceremony will be held that the FFA Center near Covington, Georgia on January 14, 2016 in Mobley Hall beginning at 6:00 p.m. Please come to the ceremony to find out more about these individuals and their service to our great profession.

If you are a current agriculture teacher in Georgia I hope you will give serious consideration to attending this activity in support of those Agriculture Teachers that came before us and out of respect for their families that gave up so much because they were dedicated to being an agriculture teacher and FFA or Young Farmer advisor. I can think of no better way to show support than to attend this meaningful event.

John (Chip) Bridges

Program Manager, Agricultural Education

Georgia Department of Education

1752 Twin Towers East