Good morning my plant loving South Region Agriculture Teachers!

Yesterday's contest went extremely smoothly thanks to you and your great
students. First *THANK YOU* to some key teachers that helped me out by
serving as group leaders - Robbie Harrison, Audrey Davis and Justin Sealy.*
Thank you *also goes out to Morgan Hart and the Area 5 Officers Charlee
Coker and Sammi Bowen for also serving as group leaders. Also *thank you*
to Cairo High School, Tift County High School, Northeast Campus Tift Co and
Seminole for staying and assisting with cleaning up!

Now for the results.....drum roll please *(which most of you just scrolled
down and read that part first and are coming back to this part and laughing
a little).*

*Area 5 Junior Floriculture CDE Teams*
***These two teams will be moving on and competing in February at the State
CDE at Fort Valley***
1st - Pelham City Middle - Brittany Gibbs
2nd - Pelham High - Justin Sealy

*Area 5 Junior High Individuals*
1st High Individual - Vaidehi Patel - Pelham City Middle - Brittany Gibbs
2nd High Individual - Michael Martin - Pelham High - Justin Sealy
3rd High Individual -   Samanth Worthington - Bainbridge High - Farish
Mulkey

*Area 5 Senior Floriculture CDE Teams*
***These two teams will be moving on and competing in February at the State
CDE at Fort Valley***
1st - Seminole - Holly Ward
2nd - Tift Co High School - Heath Cross

*Area 5 Senior High Individuals*
1st High Individual - Tania Bautista - Tift County High - Heath Cross
2nd High Individual - Valerie Bunch - Miller County High School - Kitty
Bodiford
3rd High Individual - Kathryn Mims - Seminole - Holly Ward

Attached is the results pages and a digital copy of the press release that
you need to use in your local newspapers/social media to promote your
students their hard work. No mater where we fell in the ranks our chapter
ALWAYS put an article in the local newspaper. Supporters LOVED to see us
every week and it usually motivated the students to want to do it again and
try harder/defend their title!

The plant picture power for you to use with your students will sent out on
Friday of this week after the Area 6 CDEs in Cook County are over. Thanks
again for a great contest and as always call, text or email me anytime!

--
*Trisha Rae Lastly *
*South Region Agriculture Education *