Good morning my plant loving South Region Agriculture Teachers!

Yesterday's contest went extremely smoothly thanks to you and your great students. First THANK YOU to some key teachers that helped me out by serving as group leaders - Robbie Harrison, Audrey Davis and Justin Sealy. Thank you also goes out to Morgan Hart and the Area 5 Officers Charlee Coker and Sammi Bowen for also serving as group leaders. Also thank you to Cairo High School, Tift County High School, Northeast Campus Tift Co and Seminole for staying and assisting with cleaning up!

Now for the results.....drum roll please (which most of you just scrolled down and read that part first and are coming back to this part and laughing a little).

Area 5 Junior Floriculture CDE Teams
**These two teams will be moving on and competing in February at the State CDE at Fort Valley**
1st - Pelham City Middle - Brittany Gibbs
2nd - Pelham High - Justin Sealy

Area 5 Junior High Individuals
1st High Individual - Vaidehi Patel - Pelham City Middle - Brittany Gibbs
2nd High Individual - Michael Martin - Pelham High - Justin Sealy
3rd High Individual -   Samanth Worthington - Bainbridge High - Farish Mulkey

Area 5 Senior Floriculture CDE Teams
**These two teams will be moving on and competing in February at the State CDE at Fort Valley**
1st - Seminole - Holly Ward
2nd - Tift Co High School - Heath Cross

Area 5 Senior High Individuals
1st High Individual - Tania Bautista - Tift County High - Heath Cross
2nd High Individual - Valerie Bunch - Miller County High School - Kitty Bodiford
3rd High Individual - Kathryn Mims - Seminole - Holly Ward

Attached is the results pages and a digital copy of the press release that you need to use in your local newspapers/social media to promote your students their hard work. No mater where we fell in the ranks our chapter ALWAYS put an article in the local newspaper. Supporters LOVED to see us every week and it usually motivated the students to want to do it again and try harder/defend their title!

The plant picture power for you to use with your students will sent out on Friday of this week after the Area 6 CDEs in Cook County are over. Thanks again for a great contest and as always call, text or email me anytime!

--
Trisha Rae Lastly
South Region Agriculture Education