GOOOOOOOOOD MORNING AREA 6 Agriculture Teachers!

What a great contest! Thank you to all of you who helped with the contests yesterday. Shannon Danforth, Micheal Barnes, Christy Dills and Dr. Lynn Barber were great group leaders and moved the contest along smoothly. Thank you also to the Cook County Crew for their hospitality and for happily hosting the events! Abbie Halbig, Richard Herrin and Ray Greeson THANK YOU! Thank you also to the Area 6 officers that served as group leaders and helped run around for me, Shania Flowers and Jacob Hamm!

Area 6 Junior Floriculture CDE Teams
**These two teams will be moving on and competing in February at the State CDE at Fort Valley**
1st - Appling County High - Advisor Van Mills
2nd - Echols County - Advisor Shelby Corbett

Area 6 Junior High Individuals
1st High Individual - Rose Coleman - Echols County - Shelby Corbett
2nd High Individual - James Thomas - Brantley Middle - Krista Morris
3rd High Individual - Yasmin Segura - Appling High - Van Mills

Area 6 Senior Floriculture CDE Teams
**These two teams will be moving on and competing in February at the State CDE at Fort Valley**
1st -  Appling County High - Advisor - Van Mills
2nd - Berrien County High - Advisor - Rebekah Dunn

Area 6 Senior High Individuals
1st High Individual - Chris Cook - Appling County High School - Van Mills
2nd High Individual -  Reese Johnson - Berrien County High - Rebekah Dunn
3rd High Individual - Sara Johnson - Ware County High - Lynn Barber

Attached is the results pages and a digital copy of the press release that you need to use in your local newspapers/social media to promote your students their hard work. No mater where we fell in the ranks our chapter ALWAYS put an article in the local newspaper. Supporters LOVED to see us every week and it usually motivated the students to want to do it again and try harder/defend their title!

The plant picture power for you to use with your students is also attached. Please use this in your classes and in preparing for the next year's contests. Thanks again for a great contest and as always call, text or email me anytime!

--
Trisha Rae Lastly
South Region Agriculture Education