Dear colleagues,

Recently, the Spanish Ministry in charge of Science and Innovation has published a public offer for grants (Programa Ramón y Cajal). The purpose of this offer is to reinforce the R&D Spanish system, concretely reinforcing the human power in Spanish Research Institutions.

Programa Ramón y Cajal is similar, though not identical, to a tenure track position. This Program is addressed to researches want to settle in, since it is a five-year contract enabling the holder to carry out both fully independent research and, if wished, fully independent teaching activity. Applications are made by Spanish Research Institutions. Consequently, I offer support to apply through the Universidad de Sevilla (a Spanish southern University), taking for granted that I will cede lab space to the holder and, in compensation, the holder must have interest in ciliatology in general or in ribosome biogénesis in particular. Applicants should have a strong/competitive publication record in molecular and/or cellular microbiology, as well as a well-demonstrable scientific carreer.

The deadline to post an offer in University of Seville is January 14th, 2016. Unfortunately, information is available in spanish only but obviously I will help to understand it to those of you that are interested.

More information:

http://investigacion.us.es/convocatorias/ver/957

http://www.boe.es/diario_boe/txt.php?id=BOE-A-2015-13308&lang=en

To contact me, please, send an e-mail to [log in to unmask]

Best wishes for next year!

--
Eduardo Villalobo
Dep Microbiología, Fac Biología