Congratulations to all of the teams that participated in the Area 2 Ag. Mechanics CDE held yesterday at Oglethorpe County High School. Special thanks to Mr. Travis Sertich and Mr. Rob Jackson for hosting the event and to our Area 2 FFA Officer Lexi Reynolds for her help in managing the team rotations and running score sheets. It takes a lot of help to conduct this event and I want to take a moment to recognize those who served as judges:

Welding - Mr. Stan Mitchell, Mr. Dan Bennett and Mr. Doug Rouark (Walton EMC)
Electricity - Mr. Jake Powell (Caterpillar) Mr. Richard Heard (Rayle EMC)
ENR - Mr. Jerry Taylor
Machinery and Equipment - Mr. Jeff Paul (Walton EMC)
Team Activity - Mr. Jeff Wilkes (Pastor, former  FFA Member)
Small Engines - Mr. Jimmie Hogg and Mr. Gary Farmer
Written Exam - Mr. Tim Coulter (Rayle EMC).
Scoring - Mr. Josh Allen

I would also like to recognize the Area 2 teachers who go above and beyond to make sure things run smoothly,Ms. Samantha Kickbush, Mr. Deion Latimer, Mr. Travis Sertich for help with resetting the electrical boards and to Mr. Scott Wheatley and his team as well as Mr. Latimer and the Madison County team for their help with loading the trailer. Thank you very much!

The top two teams will represent Area 2 in the State Ag. Mechanics CDE which will be held at Fort Valley State University on February 6, 2016. Rosters and scores have been verified.

1st Place - Banks County High School - Advisor, Mr. Scott Wheatley
Eli Hewell - High Scoring Individual
Easton Payne
Robert Garner
Tucker Carlan

2nd Place - Madison County High School - Advisor - Mr. Deion Latimer
Chase Burdette
Blaine Little
Zack Moss
John Seagraves

A complete summary of the scores is attached.

--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher