This Saturday, February 6, Ft. Valley State University will host a state CDE day. We will hold state level competition in the following CDEs on the FVSU campus.

Agricultural Mechanics
Ellison Building
Superintendents – Kevin Jump, Sidney Bell, James Hunter

Agricultural Sales
Bond Building (rooms 16, 17, 20, 21, 23)
Superintendents – Jerry Taylor & Barry Norris

Floriculture (Jr & Sr)
Pettigrew Center (rooms 102, 103, 104)
Superintendents – Melissa Riley, Josh Allen & Trisha Lastly

Marketing Plan
Pettigrew Center (rooms 106, 107, 110)
Superintendents – Ben Lastly & Erin Nessmith

Horse Evaluation (Jr & Sr)
Arena
Superintendents – Kent Benson, Tommy Waldrop & Ricky Wheeler

Schedule
Registration for all CDEs will happen at 8:00 a.m. Please be on time, because FVSU is hosting a welcome ceremony in the auditorium of the Pettigrew Center for all contestants in all CDEs at 8:30 a.m. The President of FVSU will be on hand to welcome the FFA, and we want to make sure that we have full room. We need all students and all advisors in the auditorium of the Pettigrew Center for the welcome and orientation prior to 8:30 a.m. From there, each CDE will dismiss individually to report to their respective location (see above).

Event Details
Each CDE will be handled by its own Superintendent(s). You should have received notification from the appropriate Superintendent(s) with details about the CDE (procedure, what to bring, etc…) If you have questions about anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to the appropriate Superintendent listed above.

Students & Teams
The superintendents of each CDE have compiled a list of teams & students based on Area CDE qualifiers and online registration. We will have membership confirmed for all students registered to compete. If you have had to replace a student on a CDE team from the Area level, or since you registered your team, please be sure of 2 things; first, please double check to insure that the new student is on your FFA roster. Second, follow up with the appropriate Superintendent so that they know you have a student name change.

Lunches

The Central Region office has made arrangements for lunches to be sold. Multiple emails have been sent by Mrs. Melissa Riley with lunch information. If you have not ordered lunches and want to, you must complete your order using the link below before noon tomorrow! After noon tomorrow, lunch orders will be closed.

https://docs.google.com/a/gaaged.org/forms/d/1NeqnN1ATWkckZ7_D_B_snaVv9aYsIg6sxH-YaqUfreI/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link

Parking
There is parking around the Pettigrew Center as you enter campus.

NOTE: The Horse Evaluation CDE is still in need of busses that can transport students from the Pettigrew Center to the Arena and back. If you are bringing a bus to FVSU on Saturday, and are willing to transport students, please get in touch with Mr. Kent Benson ([log in to unmask])  immediately.

Travel safely, and I look forward to seeing you and your students at Ft. Valley State University this weekend!

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA