Ag Teachers,

Each year, in the Georgia Jr. Livestock Catalog at the State Livestock Show in February, Georgia FFA & 4-H spotlight six (6) young people; one student each in the swine, beef cattle, dairy cattle, sheep, goat species in addition to an All Around Individual. This year we received an outstanding group of new applicants and review a generous group of applicants that had been submitted in years before.

What we are looking for are students who are the epitome of hard work, fair play, character, and project growth. Regardless of the color ribbons they win, or the size of their operation, we want to spotlight those who define all that is good about the junior livestock program.

We are proud to announce that the following individuals will be recognized in the 2014 Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Catalog.

Swine:                                  Cassie Powell, Johnson Co. 4-H
Beef Cattle:                        Murdock Wynn, Colquitt Co. FFA
Dairy Cattle:                       Michaela Pollex, Burke Co. 4-H
Sheep:                                  Jared Cook, Tift Co. FFA
Goat:                                     Kylie Whitworth, Madison Co. FFA
All Around Individual:     Jarrett Baldwin, Hart Co. 4-H

*These individuals will only be recognized in the 2016 Georgia Junior Livestock Show Catalog.  They will not be recognized at the Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Award Banquet that is scheduled for Friday, February 19th.

If you have an FFA member that was selected to be recognized for this year’s show catalog, I will be in touch ASAP to collect more information and a couple of good photos of the student.

Thank you to those of you who submitted applications.  If you submitted an application and that student was not selected this year, I hope that you will consider updating and resubmitting for consideration next year. Thank you again and congratulations to those that were selected and nominated for their outstanding accomplishments through the Georgia youth livestock program.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA