Congratulations to all the students who competed in one of the most
intimidating events offered. Thirteen students from Area 1 developed their
leadership skills by conducting themselves in a professional manner while
discussing current topic affecting Georgia agriculture.
I can not express enough thanks to Dr. Clark and Mrs. Carr for securing
rooms and judges for this event. Without support from our host teachers and
the judges they contacted, this event would not have been possible.

The following students made the final round yesterday and so impressed the
judges that it was very difficult for them to declare a winner. The top two
will represent Area 1 in the State FFA Discussion Meet on April 29th as
part of the Georgia FFA Convention in Macon.

*Brianna Guerrero - Northwest Whitfield (advisor, Janet Robbins) 1st Place*
*Kam Childers - Sonoraville (advisor, Sara Clark) 2nd place*
Savannah Stephens - Mr. Zion
Madison Borders - Rockmart
Lauren Holtzclaw - Murray County
Shalyn Landes - Ridgeland