Congratulations to all the students who competed in one of the most intimidating events offered. Thirteen students from Area 1 developed their leadership skills by conducting themselves in a professional manner while discussing current topic affecting Georgia agriculture.
I can not express enough thanks to Dr. Clark and Mrs. Carr for securing rooms and judges for this event. Without support from our host teachers and the judges they contacted, this event would not have been possible.

The following students made the final round yesterday and so impressed the judges that it was very difficult for them to declare a winner. The top two will represent Area 1 in the State FFA Discussion Meet on April 29th as part of the Georgia FFA Convention in Macon.

Brianna Guerrero - Northwest Whitfield (advisor, Janet Robbins) 1st Place
Kam Childers - Sonoraville (advisor, Sara Clark) 2nd place
Savannah Stephens - Mr. Zion
Madison Borders - Rockmart
Lauren Holtzclaw - Murray County
Shalyn Landes - Ridgeland