From: Ben Lastly <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 4:47 PM
Subject: State Proficiency Award Finalist announcement
To: [log in to unmask]

Ag Teachers,

Attached is the list of the 2016 State Proficiency Award Finalists. The Regional results were sent last week. Each Region winner is a state finalist. Additionally, in the event that we did not have 3 Regional winners in a category, the 2nd place applications in other Regions were considered in order to round out the three finalists. Please review the list carefully and make sure that you identify your student(s) who are on the list. All students listed, regardless of their prior Region ranking, are eligible to be named state winner. The written applications will be scored later this month. Those results will then be added to the interview results to determine the final state rankings.

If you have state finalist applications, please make contact with your Region office ASAP to determine the plan for making revisions to the applications prior to the state judging process. Each Region office will handle the revision process for their applications. Please honor the timeline provided by your Region office so that all applications are turned back in and ready for the state judging process.

I will send more information in the coming weeks, but the student listed as State Finalists will all be expected to interview on Thursday, April 28, at the State FFA Convention. An interview schedule will be published by April 1. If you a student who cannot make their interview on Thursday, April 28, please let me know by March 15.

Congratulations to these students (and their advisors) on developing some incredible Supervised Agricultural Experience programs.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA