I know many of you are making plans to conduct your end of the year program reviews. I wanted to send you a few reminders and an explanation of how the process will work for this year.

This year your review will be conducted along side your school or system administration. Please use this opportunity as a chance to publicize your program and educate whomever in your hierarchy of administrators would benefit the most. Often times, what we see as a lack of support may better be described as a simple lack of understanding. With this in mind, use this process to your benefit.

On April 5th, or before you will receive an updated checksheet from your Area Teacher summarizing the standards we have data on. This checksheet will include your participation in the Summer GVATA Conference, Area Teacher Meetings, CDE participation, Submission of Required Applications and so forth. Please utilize this checksheet as you and your administrator conduct your review and make us aware if you feel we have made any mistakes on our end.

To conduct your review, log on to your gaaged portal and open your FY16 Program of Work. You and your administrator will go down the right side of the document and check off the standards that you have completed. When you are finished, print a hard copy of the POW and have you and your administrator sign in the appropriate lines on the last page. Then get it to me by April 15.

Also, be aware of standard 35, it reads:
35Each teacher will have students participate in a minimum of five CDEs. (A minimum of two CDEs must be Leadership CDEs (*); and a minimum of three CDEs must be team events.)
and should read :  Each Teacher will have students participate in a minimum of five CDE's. (A minimum of two CDE's must be leadership CDE's (*); and a minimum of two CDE's must be team events.)

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me or your Area Teacher.

Thank you for all you do. We are approaching the end of yet another very successful year and I am very grateful to be associated with such dedicated professionals. Please always let us know how we can help.

--
Chris Corzine
Georgia Department of Education