Just a few notes about the Upson Lee High Sub-Area 3 speaking contests this coming Tuesday, March 8th at Upson Lee High School.  Remember registration starts at 4:00 and contests start at 4:30. Students will speak in the order that you register.

  1. Mr. Rabalais has provided a map of the school (attached) so that you will be able to find your way into the school.  School Address - 268 Knight Trail, Thomaston, GA 30286
  2. The parking lot between the tennis courts and building, across from the greenhouse, is a suitable place to park. There is a 'P' on the attached map.
  3. You may enter through the door at the end of the hallway (as noted by the blue arrow). We will meet in the ag room which is the first door on the right when you come in the side doors.
  4. The school does not let out until 3:10, so plan accordingly.  There will be a lot of traffic around the school if you get there before then.

The top three participants from each of the events below will move on to the area competition on Tuesday, March 22nd at Perry Middle School.

List of participants registered:

Creed - 22 Participants - Bonaire Middle, Crawford High, Crawford Middle, Dutchtown, Hampton, Harris, Heard, Henry, Jasper, LaGrange, Luella, Manchester, Marion, Mary Persons, Monroe Middle, Ola, Pike High, Pike Middle, Schley, Troup Co, Upson Lee High, Upson Lee Middle

Junior Prepared - 5 Participants - (List of speeches we have received in the office) -

Dutchtown, Ola Middle, Pike High, Pike Middle, Upson Lee Middle

Senior Prepared - 10 Participants - (List of speeches we have received in the office) -

Crawford, Jasper, Locust Grove, Marion, Mary Persons, Pike High, Putnam, Taylor, Troup, and Woodland

Extemp - 14 Participants

Crawford, Dutchtown, Hampton, Harris, Heard, Locust Grove, Luella, Manchester, Marion, Ola, Pike High, Schley, Troup, Woodland

If you have a student competing and they are not listed above please let me as soon as possible!

See you on Tuesday!!

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education