Please take a quick look at the spreadsheet attached. It is all of the American FFA Degree recipients from Georgia. The highest degree an FFA member can achieve. The ultimate results of a great career in agricultural education and FFA. From this spreadsheet, it is easy to determine the total number of students from any given chapter that have been awarded this great honor. For instance, it appears that Jeff Davis County High FFA is the leader in Georgia with 86 all-time American FFA Degree holders. Close behind them is Colquitt County High FFA. Rounding out the top 5 FFA Chapters in Georgia is Tift County, Seminole County, and Franklin County.  It is also easy to see how many years it has been since any given chapter has provided an opportunity for a student to reach this awesome accomplishment. Some FFA Chapters in Georgia have not had an American FFA Degree recipient in 15 or more years. Please take a moment to look over the attachment and see if you recognize any of these 1,838 former Georgia FFA students that reached this level of success and accomplishment. I want to express my gratitude to every FFA advisor out there that has helped a student receive this honor. I regret that I failed to help enough of my former students earn this recognition.

Georgia FFA has NEVER had more than 100 students earn the American FFA Degree in a single year. If every high school chapter could submit just one student application, we would have more than that in a given year. It is possible for Georgia FFA to have more than 100 students earn the American FFA Degree this year.

The next 3 weeks are sure to be full of great and meaningful opportunities for Agricultural Education Teachers and Students. Please consider helping someone complete the American Degree Application during this time period. The deadline for submitting the application is April 1st. Feel free to contact your Region AgEd office or the State FFA office if you need some assistance.

Thank You for always considering positive opportunities for your students and FFA members even after they have graduated from your school.

John (Chip) Bridges

Program Manager, Agricultural Education

Georgia Department of Education

1752 Twin Towers East