Teachers,

I want to make you aware of another service opportunity available to chapters at the 88th Georgia FFA Convention.  I know scheduling can be a challenge that prevents some chapters from taking part in the "Living to Serve" service project on Thursday of the convention.  Now your chapter can participate by gathering items for donation to a local Macon organization called "Daybreak" that uses volunteer efforts to reach out to the homeless in Macon.

Daybreak provides several on-site services to Macon's homeless population:
Daybreak can benefit from your help by your chapter gathering and donating the following items:
  • Deodorant (spray only)
  • Three-in-one family size body wash/shampoo/conditioner
  • Body lotion
  • Coffee and creamer
  • Sugar
  • Laundry Detergent (High Efficiency only)
  • Bleach
  • Dish detergent
  • Powdered lemonade
  • Insect repellent
  • 13 gallon trash bags
  • Canned fruit cocktail and pineapple
  • 6 or 8 ounce disposable cups
  • paper towels and napkins
  • Toilet tissue
  • Instant grits and oatmeal
  • Gift cards are also welcome for fresh fruits and supplies (VISA, AMEX, Wal-Mart, Kroger, Publix, and Sam's)
  • http://www.depaulusa.org/our-programs/macon-ga/wishlist/
Please box all donations for ease of transport and storage.  Donations will be accepted all day Thursday the 28th and delivered to Daybreak on Friday morning the 29th.  Donations will need to be dropped at the rear of the convention center (I-16 side).  My truck and silver trailer will be the drop location.  Someone will be on-site to assist with drop off.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Kevin

--
Kevin Jump