Good morning teachers!

My term as the Area 4 GVATA Director will come to an end at the Summer Conference in July and Mr. Gentry will need someone to continue his term for next year. I personally want to thank you for allowing us to serve on the board and represent you. It is definitely an eye-opening experience and is a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of our organization.

It is time to nominate a new director for both areas, so if you would like to nominate someone or yourself, please reply directly to me at [log in to unmask] for Area 4 nominations and to Philip Gentry at [log in to unmask] for the Area 3 nominations. The Area 4 director will serve a full two-year term and the Area 3 director will serve for 1-year and will go through the nomination process again to keep the rotation the same.

We will send out a ballot in two weeks for voting, so please get your nominations back to us fairly quickly. I know with convention coming up, we are all swamped, so as long as we have them prior to May 9th, that will be fine. My hope is to contact everyone that has been nominated to verify that they do wish to serve on the board prior to voting.

Please take this into consideration and seriously give the idea a lot of thought if this is something that you would be interested in. If you have any questions about responsibilities or what it is that we actually do as board members, please don’t hesitate to ask either of us.

See you at convention!

Hannah King Elrick

Agricultural Education & FFA Advisor

Effingham County High School