Teachers,

Back in March the Georgia FFA and 4-H Livestock Ad Hoc meeting was held with the purpose of reviewing the guidelines for the state livestock shows moving forward. The sub-committees and large committee made recommendations that day that were sent to the state 4-H leader and state FFA advisor.  Attached is a summary of recommendations from the Georgia 4-H and Georgia FFA Ad Hoc Meeting that were approved by State 4-H Leader, Mr. Arch Smith, and State FFA Advisor/AgEd Program Manager, Mr. Chip Bridges.  These guidelines will be reflected in the 2016-2017 Georgia 4-H and Georgia FFA State Livestock Shows Rules and Regulations that are scheduled to be available at the end of May.

The updated State Livestock Show Ear Tag Order Form (to be ordered by Agriculture Education Teachers or County Extension/4-H agents) is available at the following link:

 http://www.georgia4h.org/livestock/GaJrLivestockShow/JuniorNational/16-17/16-17%20Tag%20Order%20Form.pdfThis form also provides the entry deadline for each specie show.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me, Mr. Chip Bridges, or any of our three Area Livestock teachers (South – Tommy Waldrop; Central – Ricky Wheeler; North – Kent Benson).

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA