Teachers,

This Fall at the 89th National FFA Convention, the Georgia FFA Association will have the opportunity to take approximately 25 voting delegates. The State FFA Officer team will fill eight of our delegate spots, and we are looking for some bright, high character FFA members to round out our delegation. Any high school FFA member can apply, but priority will be given to current and rising 12th grade FFA members (class of 2016 and class of 2017). If you have FFA members who exemplify the leadership and values that define the FFA, and who would do a great job representing our Association in Indianapolis, please encourage them to apply for this opportunity.

The students selected to serve as delegates will have their travel and hotel expenses paid, and will be given a stipend to help pay their meal expenses. The delegates will be expected to travel with the Georgia Association to and from the National Convention, and will stay at the delegate hotel, with the Georgia Association. Delegates will not travel or stay with their local chapter. Those chosen will need to commit to attend the delegate orientation meeting on Wednesday, September 21, at Camp John Hope, and to the convention itself. Delegates will depart for Indianapolis on Monday, October 17, and will return to Georgia on Sunday, October 23.

Attached is the National Convention Delegate application. The application can also be found on the Georgia FFA website on the FFA page by clicking Applications. The file is a PDF document that has fields that allow applicants to type their responses.

National Convention Delegate applications are due to the State FFA Office by June 15. Students can mail, fax or scan and email their applications, but all pieces must be included (including signatures) in order for the application to be considered. Those chosen to serve as delegates will be contacted by July 15.

If you, your students or their families have any questions, please give me a call. This is a wonderful opportunity to serve our Association and see the National Convention from a different perspective. I hope you will nominate some students.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA