---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lauren Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, May 25, 2016 at 9:57 AM
Subject: Area I Teachers Vote For Area Director
To: Josh Allen <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Area 1 Teachers,

I hope you’ve either started your summer break or the end is very near!
Please take a quick second and vote for the new area director using the
link below.  The two candidates are Nelson McCracken and Sarah Nerswick. The
term will start in July at Summer Conference and will run through Summer
Conference of 2018. I will close the voting next Friday, June 3rd. I will
send an email to let everyone know who wins so that we can make necessary
arrangements. I have included a bio of each candidate below.

*NELSON MCCRACKEN*

Bagley Middle School

I knew by the time I was a sophomore in high school that I wanted to become
an agriculture teacher. I remember asking my Ag. Teacher on the way home
from FFA camp, “what do I have to do to be an Ag. Teacher?" Just like he
always had before, he took the time to advise me concerning my question.
Without the help of people like my Agriculture Teacher I may have never
attended college or achieved my calling in one of the most admirable
professions, Agriculture Education.  I have been blessed to be an
agriculture teacher for the last 27 years.    The decision to study
agriculture in high school, becoming an active FFA member, and choosing
Agriculture Education as a career, have been life changing decisions for
me. I would love to have the opportunity to serve in our professional
organization the GVATA.  I have a passion for Agriculture Education and the
FFA.  I want to be able to contribute and give back to our profession
beyond the classroom walls.  As a veteran teacher I have the necessary
experience that would be valuable in a GVATA leadership position.  I always
work hard at whatever it is I do, and if given the opportunity I will be
dedicated to serve and represent you as Area 1 GVATA representative.

​

*Sarah Nerswick *

*Cambridge High School*

My name is Sarah Nerswick, and I am the Agriculture Education teacher at
Cambridge High School in Milton, GA. While I am finishing up my first year
in Area 1, I am not new to Georgia Agriculture Education. In 2010, I
graduated from the University of Georgia with my Bachelor’s in Agriculture
Education and, in 2012, my Master’s in Agricultural Leadership. After my
Master’s graduation, I taught Agriculture Education for three years in
Jacksonville, North Carolina at White Oak High School while my husband
served in the Marine Corps. I am so thankful to be back in Georgia where I
always wanted to plant my roots. I would love to serve as the Area 1
Director because I want to give back to the organization that has given me
so much. For example, both GVATA and NAAE gave me the opportunity to
present at their conferences in 2015, and I was honored as the North
Carolina Agriculture Teachers Association’s (NCATA) Outstanding Young
Member in 2015.  After meeting with and learning from many Agriculture
Education professionals from across the country over the last four years, I
know that now is the time for me to assume a bigger leadership role in
helping advance the GVATA mission of providing agriculture education for
the global community through visionary leadership, advocacy, and service. As
Area 1 Director, I will support each of you in your careers and promote the
importance and viability of agriculture education to our communities.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tfr0NMwNzSloqLjdHWy7p_PmUSWyzJ5fh6LdBAgpQlg/edit?ts=5745969d
​

Thank you!

*Lauren Jarrett*