---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lauren Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, May 25, 2016 at 9:57 AM
Subject: Area I Teachers Vote For Area Director
To: Josh Allen <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Area 1 Teachers,

I hope you’ve either started your summer break or the end is very near! Please take a quick second and vote for the new area director using the link below.  The two candidates are Nelson McCracken and Sarah Nerswick. The term will start in July at Summer Conference and will run through Summer Conference of 2018. I will close the voting next Friday, June 3rd. I will send an email to let everyone know who wins so that we can make necessary arrangements. I have included a bio of each candidate below.

NELSON MCCRACKEN

Bagley Middle School

I knew by the time I was a sophomore in high school that I wanted to become an agriculture teacher. I remember asking my Ag. Teacher on the way home from FFA camp, “what do I have to do to be an Ag. Teacher?" Just like he always had before, he took the time to advise me concerning my question. Without the help of people like my Agriculture Teacher I may have never attended college or achieved my calling in one of the most admirable professions, Agriculture Education.  I have been blessed to be an agriculture teacher for the last 27 years.    The decision to study agriculture in high school, becoming an active FFA member, and choosing Agriculture Education as a career, have been life changing decisions for me. I would love to have the opportunity to serve in our professional organization the GVATA.  I have a passion for Agriculture Education and the FFA.  I want to be able to contribute and give back to our profession beyond the classroom walls.  As a veteran teacher I have the necessary experience that would be valuable in a GVATA leadership position.  I always work hard at whatever it is I do, and if given the opportunity I will be dedicated to serve and represent you as Area 1 GVATA representative.

​

Sarah Nerswick

Cambridge High School

My name is Sarah Nerswick, and I am the Agriculture Education teacher at Cambridge High School in Milton, GA. While I am finishing up my first year in Area 1, I am not new to Georgia Agriculture Education. In 2010, I graduated from the University of Georgia with my Bachelor’s in Agriculture Education and, in 2012, my Master’s in Agricultural Leadership. After my Master’s graduation, I taught Agriculture Education for three years in Jacksonville, North Carolina at White Oak High School while my husband served in the Marine Corps. I am so thankful to be back in Georgia where I always wanted to plant my roots. I would love to serve as the Area 1 Director because I want to give back to the organization that has given me so much. For example, both GVATA and NAAE gave me the opportunity to present at their conferences in 2015, and I was honored as the North Carolina Agriculture Teachers Association’s (NCATA) Outstanding Young Member in 2015.  After meeting with and learning from many Agriculture Education professionals from across the country over the last four years, I know that now is the time for me to assume a bigger leadership role in helping advance the GVATA mission of providing agriculture education for the global community through visionary leadership, advocacy, and service. As Area 1 Director, I will support each of you in your careers and promote the importance and viability of agriculture education to our communities.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tfr0NMwNzSloqLjdHWy7p_PmUSWyzJ5fh6LdBAgpQlg/edit?ts=5745969d

Thank you!

Lauren Jarrett

Summerville Middle School