Though I never really got to know Dave, I have always had great respect for him and his work. He clearly was an excellent mentor and warm friend. With his loss, we truly move into a new era.

  I always think of Dave and his contributions when October rolls around as he and I share the same birthday date, though he has claimed it a bit longer than I have. My sympathy to Jean.

Sincerely,
Dot Widmayer
Sent from my iPhone