Ag Teachers,

It was great getting to spend time with you earlier this week at Summer Conference. I hope that you all made it home safely and that you enjoy what is left of your summer.

As you begin the new school  year, there are some FFA updates that you need to be aware of. The attached files(National FFA Update and Georgia FFA Update) were shared and discussed at Summer Conference, but I wanted to make sure that you had the documents electronically as well. Please review these attached documents and the information below, and let me know if you have any questions.

National Convention
• State Housing block will be available soon - Look for email from Ben Lastly. (Rooms available on first come, first served basis!)
• Online registration opens August 17 at 1:00 p.m. (September 26 at 5:00 p.m. is last time to enter/edit chapter registration numbers; October 10 is last day to edit names of students attending)
•Registration fee: $50 per person (in housing block – through online registration); $65 per person (not in housing block – through online registration); $75 per person (onsite registration – regardless of housing)

AgEd Enrollment & FFA Membership for 2016-2017
• All AgEd enrollment information and FFA membership will be handled through the Georgia AgEd/FFA website again in 2016-2017
• Each teacher should login to their Georgia AgEd profile and update their course offerings for 2016-2017 immediately
• AgEd enrollment for 2016-2017 is open now – You can begin listing students in your program, declaring their personal information, SAE information and AgEd course(s)
• Please do not submit FFA membership before September 1
• If you plan to declare Affiliation, you must do that (online in roster system) BEFORE submitting students to the FFA roster
• More specific membership information (including explanation of Affiliation vs Dues, reminders of using the roster system, etc…) will be sent in a separate email with the title “FFA Membership for 2016-2017”

Career Development Event & Award Guidelines for 2016-2017
• A few state CDEs will be updated for 2016-2017 to keep pace with some changes on the national level. A summary of CDE and award program changes is included in the Georgia FFA Report attached to this email.
• Revised state CDE guidelines will be posted to the Georgia FFA website by August 5 (an email will be sent when guidelines are ready for 2016-2017)

FFA Day at the Fair
• Tuesday, October 11
• ID contests will be available for registration through the Georgia National Fair registration site
• FFA leadership program in Reaves Arena will be open to any and all FFA members in 2016! The morning will consist of education booth opportunities first, then conclude with a high energy session in Reaves Arena prior to dismissing for the Fair midway.
• More information about FFA Day at the Fair will be sent from Erin Nessmith (leadership program) and from the appropriate Area Teacher (ID contests) as we get into August.

If you have any questions, please be sure to give me a call. We are here to serve you and your students. Best wishes for a successful 2016-2017 school year!

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA