Congratulations are in order for the following students for placing 1st and
2nd in the Area 4 Tractor Operation and Maintenance CDE.

*1st Place*
Samuel Groover - Statesboro FFA - Susan Jones, Advisor

*2nd Place*
Tucker Hart - West Laurens FFA - Kasey Jackson, Advisor

A complete set of results is attached.

I would like to express my gratitude to Colley Tractor Company for
providing the New Holland Workmaster 50 that we used in the driving portion
of the CDE.  Mr. Clint Colley at Colley Tractor has been a longtime
supporter of this event by providing New Holland tractors for our use in
the CDE.

Also, thank you to the Toombs County FFA Alumni, the Toombs County FFA, and
the Toombs Agricultural Education teachers including Joey Montford, Mark
Montfort, Tyler Outen, and Callen Bethea for allowing us to use their
facilities.  The Toombs County Agricenter is an excellent location with
enough covered space to host the event with no worry of weather.  The
Toombs County FFA Alumni provided supper for all students and teachers
involved.  The Zaxby's chicken fingers and wings were greatly appreciated.

I also want to thank our Area 4 Secretary, Laurabeth Bland for her
assistance with the event.  Our area officers are valuable assetts to our
program and the leadership they provide is valuable.

Thank you teachers for your hard work with students.

Best wishes to Samuel and Tucker as they represent Area 4 and Central
Region at the state CDE in December,

Sincerely,

Kevin

--