Teachers,

Congratulations are in order for the following students for placing 1st and 2nd in the Area 4 Tractor Operation and Maintenance CDE.

1st Place
Samuel Groover - Statesboro FFA - Susan Jones, Advisor

2nd Place
Tucker Hart - West Laurens FFA - Kasey Jackson, Advisor

A complete set of results is attached.

I would like to express my gratitude to Colley Tractor Company for providing the New Holland Workmaster 50 that we used in the driving portion of the CDE.  Mr. Clint Colley at Colley Tractor has been a longtime supporter of this event by providing New Holland tractors for our use in the CDE.

Also, thank you to the Toombs County FFA Alumni, the Toombs County FFA, and the Toombs Agricultural Education teachers including Joey Montford, Mark Montfort, Tyler Outen, and Callen Bethea for allowing us to use their facilities.  The Toombs County Agricenter is an excellent location with enough covered space to host the event with no worry of weather.  The Toombs County FFA Alumni provided supper for all students and teachers involved.  The Zaxby's chicken fingers and wings were greatly appreciated.

I also want to thank our Area 4 Secretary, Laurabeth Bland for her assistance with the event.  Our area officers are valuable assetts to our program and the leadership they provide is valuable.

Thank you teachers for your hard work with students.

Best wishes to Samuel and Tucker as they represent Area 4 and Central Region at the state CDE in December,

Sincerely,

Kevin

--
Kevin Jump