I have attached a complete summary of the results to yesterday's Area 2
Land Judging CDE at Thompson Mill Forest. I would like to thank the
teachers that dedicated their time to being a pit monitor (Dustin Keener,
Deion Latimer, Joseph Nesbit, Sarah Loughridge, Travis Walker, Jerry
Taylor, Cale Watkins, and Anna Watkins) and also to those that helped by
being a group leader (Taylor Brown, Michael Atkinson, Zachary Free, Clay
Brown, and Scott Wheatley). Thank you to the Jackson County Road Department
for digging the pits and to the Jackson County Farm Bureau for supplying
drinks and cookies. Also, a special thanks to Mr. Bill Lott and Jimmy Lee
for helping set up the event at Thompson Mill Forest.

Rosters have been verified and these results are official.

The top two Jr. and top two Senior division teams will represent Area 2 at
the State Land Judging CDE which will be held in the Central Region on
Saturday, October 29th, 2016.

Congratulations to:

1st place team, Senior Land Judging – Madison County High School - Advisor
– Deion Latimer

2nd place team, Senior Land Judging – Franklin County High School - Advisor
– Cale and Anna Watkins

High scoring individual for the Sr. Division – Dustin Dockery – White
County High School.

1st place team, Jr. Division – Athens Christian - Advisor – Jerry Taylor

2nd place team, Jr. Division – Washington –Wilkes High School - Advisor
– Michael Atkinson

High scoring individual, Jr. Division – Mary Meagan Kellum – Athens
Christian

--
Brandon Ray
North Region Forestry Teacher