Good afternoon and happy fall y'all!

Thank you to all of the chapters that attended the 2nd Annual South Region
Leadership Rally! It was a HOT day, yes literally, but figuratively also.
We are so excited at not only the amount of participation *(1200 total and
70% of the chapters!!!)* but the quality of students that you brought to
experience this South Region pride building event. Thank you for making the
day an amazing experience for all!

It took many people wanting the South Region Leadership Rally to be a
success to make the day possible:

*Thank you* to ABAC for allowing us to use their facilities at the Georgia
Museum of Agriculture. *Thank you* to the facility and staff of ABAC and at
the staff at the GMA for their support as well as for the ABAC FFA and ABAC
AET for providing student help throughout the day. Also *thank you* to UGA
Tifton for also allowing students to come and assist with judging of the
various events. *Thank you* to the Tift County FFA Alumni for cooking a
great meal and being able to feed 1200 people in one hour flat! *Thank
you* also
to the current and past State FFA Officers. We could not have done it
without you and Mrs. Erin Nessmith. *THANK YOU!* *Thank you* also goes out
to Matthew's Trophy Shop for making the plaques look amazing for the
students. To the Albany District Office of DNR and the Tift County Kiwanis
Club for volunteering their time to assist with the Forestry Fun Zone; *THANK
YOU* the students loved it! *Please take the time to tell all of these
people THANK YOU.*

Below is a link to a short survey for you the teacher to fill out. This
will not take long and be honest. We want to make this the best experience
for your students and continue to have the event grow. We need your
feedback:

*SURVEY LINK HERE
<https://docs.google.com/a/gaaged.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKp0V1oyatB2sTdzemBp4DyGjqE78t082l4T_alFyDlkVKAg/viewform>*

Also attached is the digital version of the press release that you
hopefully found in your bag with your t-shirts.

Thank you again for providing this opportunity to your students. We in the
South Region AG ED Office hope that is event will help you to motivate your
students to be involved on the local area and state level this year.

--
*Trisha Rae Lastly *
*South Region Agriculture Education *