GOOD AFTERNOON TO ALL OF YOU HARD WORKING,  FALL BREAK DESERVING AG TEACHERS OF THE GREAT SOUTH REGION!!!

As you are well aware things are moving rapidly and we are shifting gears- GA National/Local Fairs, National FFA Convention, EXPO, and "BAM!!!"..........EMC Wiring workshops!!!

Satilla EMC on October 24th and Mitchell EMC on October 25th.Registration begins at 4 PM, wiring events will start at 4:30 with a meal around 6 PM.

Wiring and Practice Problem solving only!!! The demonstration board will be present and we will go over it thoroughly!!!

I have set up a registration tab on the Ag Ed website page under the event registration tab for you to sign up as many as 4 students. Note: Colquitt EMC Practice is November 10th in Tifton.

Registration closes Friday October 21st for these Training sessions.

I would like to encourage you to bring any student who has a desire, natural talent, or potential talent for electrical wiring to these training sessions.

Tip # 1: When I was in the classroom teaching, I would find 3-4 students and take them to one practice so that they could gain or learn what the contest was about, and then I would tell them that the next training session was gonna be our chapter contest. The winner of our chapter contest would represent our FFA program at the Area CDE in December. We would also collaborate with our local EMC and they would sponsor the prize money: $100-1st place, $50-2nd place, and $25-3rd place to our students in the chapter contest along with a trophy at our Awards ceremony during National FFA Week!

Below is the "411" on the Area CDE in December!

South Region EMC Wiring Contest

        ABAC (Chambliss Bldg.)

        Areas V & VI

        Tuesday December 1st

        Check-in at 9:30am

        CDE will begin at 10:00am

The first place area winner receives a $500 scholarship and the second place area winner receives a $300 scholarship from the Georgia EMC. The first place Area advisor also receives a $100 prize as well! Good hunting and fishing money!!!!!

Check out page 21 in the wiring contest brochure located on the Ag ED Website for more details!!!

Tractor Driving CDE's

Registration is now opened for your students for the AREA 5 and 6 CDE's on the website!

Registration closes for Area 5 on Wednesday, November 2nd
for Area 6 on Monday, November 7!!!

As of right now we are working on the details for the tractor for the Area CDE's, and when we know 100% exactly which tractor- 50, 60, or 70 series, as well as 2WD or 4WD: I will be sending that info out to all of you ASAP!!!

This will be an official CDE so please make sure student's name is on your FFA roster.

AREA V – Nov. 4th at Albany Fair
Check-in begins at 8:30am
CDE will begin at 9:00am
All must be registered by 10:00am
AREA VI – Nov. 9th at Waycross Fair
Check-in from 2:00 pm-4:30 pm
CDE will begin at 2:00.
All must be registered by 4:30.

State CDE on Dec. 2nd  at ABAC
Please review section 1 for references to be used on the Written Exam.

Tip #2: This also makes for a good local contest/CDE!!! We would contact a local tractor dealership and ask if they would sponsor our chapter contest in the same manner/format as the EMC event mentioned above. We would set out bleachers and actually draw attendance; mainly parents, principles/administrators, and one year we got the sponsor to help judge the event!!  This also makes for good T.V. news as well!! WALB (Albany) and WCTV Thomasville/Tallahassee) and Channel 4 out of Jacksonville, I'm sure would love to come out and do a news story if you contact them in due time. Then you can take your 3 winners and do a NASCAR style, victory lane picture with your chapter's sponsor in the background on a banner (tractor dealership should have one) and place it in the local newspaper!!! If you have good relationship with your newspaper, they may even print it in color!!!

Folks, that's all I have today- I pray that the GOOD LORD blesses all of you, and if you are fortunate to be on fall break next week or anytime soon, take some time to relax or "chill" and spend some quiet time daily with HIM! Trust me your strength will be renewed!! (Isaiah 30:15)

I am as always,

Jerry Stone