GOOOOOOOOOOD morning my greenhouse, spring plant sale AG teachers!

Can you believe it is already time to start ordering Spring Plugs???
Attached you will find the Spring 2017 Plant Order form.  As asked for, we
have simplified the tray sizes and the order form some.

*THERE ARE 4 TABS* - one for annuals, rooted cuttings, vegetables, and
herbs.
Please complete the order form, save it to your computer using your school
name - *ex: BrantleyCoMiddleSpring2017* and then email it back to me.
NEW THIS YEAR - Plant Tags!! You can order plant tags this year for $2.00
for 50 tags.

Please see the information below concerning the order deadline, plant
pickup location options, and plant combination suggestions.

ORDER DEADLINE
The deadline to place your order is

* Thursday, November 3rd *

DELIVERY OPTIONS
*I will send out an email in Jan to set up your pick up location. *

TRAY SIZES EXPLANATION
Plugs come in 288 which will typically give you 8 flats per variety.
Plugs also come in 144 which will be larger plants than 288 and give you 4
flats per variety.  This is better for those of you that like to have early
plant sales.
New this year is a 50 tray for those of you that may want to try something
new without having to commit to a lot of plant material.

PLANT COMBINATION SUGGESTIONS
You will find there are several new items on the list this year that work
great in mixed container baskets (1 or more different plants per
basket/pot) such as:

There is a plant on the plug page called FUSEABLES that is already mixed
for you - great for those of you new to the school greenhouse and worried
about putting together mixed baskets correctly.

Scaveola (a cascading flowering plant) mixed with wave petunias
Creeping jenny (a unique lime green plant that spills over containers)
mixed with impatiens or petunias
Canna Lily (dwarf), sweet potato vine, and wave petunias
Creeping jenny, hypoestes, and petunia
Calibrachoa (also known as million bells), sweet potato vine and verbena
Coleus, Verbena, impatiens
Heliotrope, dichondra (petite leaves that spill over pot), vinca
Hollyhock, calibrachoa, hypoestes
Sweet potato vine, portulaca, melampodium
Ornamental fountain grasses, creeping jenny, dichondra

Feel free to call or email - I'd be more than happy to assist you in making
your selections or with any questions you may have.

Thanks!

--
*Trisha Rae Lastly *
*South Region Agriculture Education *