*From:* STORM, JONATHAN J <[log in to unmask]>
*Sent:* Wednesday, November 2, 2016 5:13 PM
*Subject:* Field Guide to the Southern Piedmont

I would like to let you know about a new, free field guide that may be of
interest to the Georgia FFA for the Environmental Natural Resources
curriculum. My co-authors and I at USC Upstate created the field guide to
help the general public, particularly kids, easily identify and learn about
common organisms they may encounter in their backyard, while hiking a
trail, or spending time out on the farm. The *Field Guide to the Southern
Piedmont* is a picture-based identification guide to over 700 species in
Georgia and the Carolinas and it includes common animals, plants, fungi,
slime molds, animal tracks, skulls and bones, rocks, minerals, and nature
sounds. It can be downloaded as an eBook for *free* to any electronic
device from www.uscupstate.edu/fieldguide and the picture for most species
will hyperlink to a reputable website with natural history information.

If you think the field guide may be of interest to students and teachers in
the FFA, please feel free to let them know about the guide and to share the
link in any newsletter or social media. My co-authors and I hope that it
will help people be active outdoors and learn about their natural
environment here in the Piedmont.  If you have any questions, please do not
hesitate to ask. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Jon Storm

Jonathan J. Storm, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Biology

Board President, John F. Green Spartanburg Science Center

Division of Natural Sciences & Engineering

University of South Carolina Upstate, Smith Hall 223

Spartanburg, SC 29303

Phone: (864) 503-5753

Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: http://blogs.uscupstate.edu/jstorm/