From: STORM, JONATHAN J <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 5:13 PM
Subject: Field Guide to the Southern Piedmont

I would like to let you know about a new, free field guide that may be of interest to the Georgia FFA for the Environmental Natural Resources curriculum. My co-authors and I at USC Upstate created the field guide to help the general public, particularly kids, easily identify and learn about common organisms they may encounter in their backyard, while hiking a trail, or spending time out on the farm. The Field Guide to the Southern Piedmont is a picture-based identification guide to over 700 species in Georgia and the Carolinas and it includes common animals, plants, fungi, slime molds, animal tracks, skulls and bones, rocks, minerals, and nature sounds. It can be downloaded as an eBook for free to any electronic device from www.uscupstate.edu/fieldguide and the picture for most species will hyperlink to a reputable website with natural history information.

If you think the field guide may be of interest to students and teachers in the FFA, please feel free to let them know about the guide and to share the link in any newsletter or social media. My co-authors and I hope that it will help people be active outdoors and learn about their natural environment here in the Piedmont.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Jon Storm

Jonathan J. Storm, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Biology

Board President, John F. Green Spartanburg Science Center

Division of Natural Sciences & Engineering

University of South Carolina Upstate, Smith Hall 223

Spartanburg, SC 29303

Phone: (864) 503-5753

Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: http://blogs.uscupstate.edu/jstorm/

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]" src="cid:[log in to unmask]">

--
Christa Steinkamp
Georgia Agricultural Education

Agricultural Education Mission