Also, there will be a breakout session designed specifically for ag teachers to be held while your students are testing! This will be a great opportunity to get relevant training from green industry leaders.

Date: January 27th, 2017 (date has changed since region calendars were published!)
Location:
 Infinite Energy Center (formally the Gwinnett Center), Duluth, GA

DRAFT AGENDA
9:30 - 9:55 Registration and Pick Up Name Badges
10:00 -12:00  Jr. GGIA Testing (Plant ID & Exam)
10:00 - 12:00 Teacher Training Session - NEW
12:00-12:30 GGIA Career Speaker, followed by Announcement of students who passed and top individual scorers, Group Photo
12:30 -3:00 Lunch and Trade Show Visit

TEACHER COP: Teachers who attend the full conference day 9:30 -3:30 p.m. and have prepared students who participate in the Jr GGIA certification testing are eligible for one COP.
Note:* prepared* means your students come to the certification having practiced and pass a minimum of one part of the certification.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?  Students grades 6-12th are eligible to register and test for certification.

Cost?  $10.00 per student whose school is a GGIA member and $20.00 per student if their school is not a GGIA member. If you have not already, please consider joining GGIA. They do a lot to support our program and I feel it is appropriate to support them as well. A membership application is attached. Schools can join by paying the $50 Educational Membership.

HOW TO PREPARE for Junior GGIA Certification

Visit the interactive study site for Jr. GGIA. Website includes:

Plant Id Practice Quiz, Plant Photo Gallery, Lightbox Gallery, Practice Written Exam Quiz

To set up an account go to http://urbanagtraining.com and register as a new user.

Once you get a confirmation email (it can take up to 30 minutes depending on traffic to receive the email please be patient) you will be asked to enter a pass phrase use "qwerty" without the quotes. Please Note: There are three web courses listed on this page. Please select the course in which you are registered for or you will be studying the wrong plant list. The courses are clearly marked. Mr. Todd Hurt has included detailed instructions inside of the course. Please feel free to contact if something should be clearer ([log in to unmask]). He has also added a discussion forum at the top for reporting of problems.

I've also attached a study guide for the written exam.

Note : students who passed part of the certification (example passed the written exam but did not pass the plant identification) only have to take the part they did not pass.

HOW TO JOIN GGIA? Membership Application is attached (your should select Education Membership ($50) and have your school or FFA Chapter join). Contact Georgia Green Indsutry Association with any additional questions at info@ggia.org / 706-632-0100 HOW DO I KNOW WHO PASSED? Exams will be graded the day of testing.

WHAT IF A STUDENT DOES NOT PASS? All scores will be given back to the teachers of the students. An individual student can retake the exam as many times as he/she desires.

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
204 Four Towers
Athens, GA 30602