This is a gentle reminder…

If you have some young people who personify all that is good about the junior livestock program, please read this message!

Each year at the Georgia Jr. National Livestock Show we publish a Show Catalog that highlights that year’s show. In the catalog we highlight the stories of six different junior livestock exhibitors. We need your help identifying students who deserve to have their story told. We are looking for shining examples of the many good things about the junior livestock program (i.e. work ethic, sportsmanship, project growth, etc…) This isn’t necessarily about the student(s) with the most blue ribbons or belt buckles (though those are wonderful things). We are seeking the students with great stories that define this wonderful program.

Attached is an application to nominate students for the 2017 Jr. Livestock Student Spotlight. Student Spotlight nominations are due to the state FFA office by January 17, 2017. Once the students are chosen, we will reach out to the nominating teacher for more information (i.e. photo(s), quotes, stories, etc…)

If you have questions, please call me. I hope that you will nominate a student for this wonderful opportunity.

Happy New Year!

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association