Congratulations to all the students that competed in the Area 2 Wildlife CDE. We had 31 Junior Teams and 26 Senior Teams compete at Oglethorpe High School yesterday.

*The top 2 teams have earned their spot to compete at the State Career Development event in Athens on March 17th and 18th.

A special thanks to our judges for sharing their time and expertise:

1. Mr. Bill Lott - Manager of the Thompson Mill Arboretum.

2. Mr. John Seginak - retired UGA Wildlife Biologist

4. Ms. Emily Potter - UGA student

5. Oglethorpe High School (Rob Jackson and Travis Sertich) for hosting the event.

6. All of the FFA advisors that helped with the scoring and entering of the scores on the computer.Without their help yesterday's contest could not have ran as smoothly as it did.

Area 2 Wildlife Results

*Jr. Team Winners*

1st - Banks County High School (Advisor: Kipp Jackson)

2nd - White County High School (Advisor: Amanda Keener)

The high scoring individuals in each event were:
Game Bird - Madison Blackburn- Habersham 9th Grade Academy.
Aquatic - Collin Pannell- North Oconee H.S.
Deer Management - Turner Carlan - Banks County H.S
General I.D. - Colton Banks - Banks County H.S.

*Sr. Team Winners* **

1st - Banks County High School (Advisor: Kipp Jackson)

2nd- Athens Christian (Advisor: Jerry Taylor)

The high scoring individuals in each event were:
Game Bird - Cade Beard- Athens Christian
Aquatic - Fisher Armour - Banks County H.S.
Deer Management - Gabriel Hill- Athens Christian
General I.D. - Katie Darwin- Madison County H.S.

Results are official and rosters have been verified.Complete results are attached.

--
Brandon Ray
North Region Forestry Teacher