Congratulations to all the students that competed in the Area 1 Wildlife CDE. We had 20 Junior Teams and 27 Senior Teams compete at Dawson County High School yesterday.

*The top 2 teams have earned their spot to compete at the State Career Development event in Athens on March 17th and 18th.

A special thanks to our judges for sharing their time and expertise:

1. Mr. Bill Lott - Manager of the Thompson Mill Arboretum.

2. Mr. Jimmy Mock- Retired Ag teacher

3. Mr. John Seginak - retired UGA Wildlife Biologist

4. Mr. Kent Benson - North Region Staff

5. Dawson County High School (Josh Daniel) for hosting the event.

6. All of the FFA advisors that helped with the scoring and entering of the scores on the computer.Without their help yesterday's contest could not have ran as smoothly as it did.

Area 1 Wildlife Results

*Jr. Team Winners*

1st - LaFayette High School (Advisor: Joel Addair)

2nd - Bagley Middle School (Advisor: Scotty Rich)

The high scoring individuals in each event were:
Game Bird -Nicholas Bayne- LaFayette High School
Aquatic - Judson Woods- LaFayette Middle School
Deer Management - Joseph Massengil - LaFayette High School
General I.D. -Cheyanne Hamilton - LaFayette High School

*Sr. Team Winners* **

1st - Heritage High School (Advisor: Megan Shearer)

2nd- LaFayette High School (Advisor: Joel Addair)

The high scoring individuals in each event were:
Game Bird - Mason Penland- Gilmer County High School
Aquatic - Nicholas Moore- Heritage High School
Deer Management - Ashley McKenzie- Heritage High School
General I.D. - Taylor Dyer- Heritage High School

Results are official and rosters have been verified.Complete results are attached.

--
Brandon Ray
North Region Forestry Teacher