From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 12:22 PM
Subject: Area 3 - Sub Area Leadership Details
To: [log in to unmask]

Teachers,

Registration is open for the following Area 3 Sub-Area Leadership Events:

Junior Prepared Public Speaking

Senior Prepared Public Speaking

FFA Creed

Extemporaneous Public Speaking

Guidelines for each event can be found at - http://www.gaaged.org/page.aspx?ID=61

Thank you to Josh Rabalais and Lula Curry-Williams for hosting these events.

Location

Sub-Areas are scheduled for March 7th and 9th.

March 7:  Area 3: Upson Lee High

March 9:  Area 3: Northeast Bibb

For both Sub Areas:  Registration will start at 4 PM and CDE's at 4:30.

Eligibility

Each school is allowed 1 student per event.

FFA Creed and Junior Prepared Public Speaking are open to middle school and 9th grade students.

Senior Prepared Public Speaking and Extemporaneous Public Speaking are open to students in grades 9-12.

Tshirts

Tshirts are available for this event and must be ordered online with event registration.
T-shirt Design is attached.  T-shirt order should be online by Feb. 2

​1st
You can then download a PDF invoice to turn in to your book keeper.
h.
Invoices are available on the Georgia AgEd Website by clicking on account balances and then selecting the region balance tab in the upper right corner of the screen.

Registration
*The deadline is

​TUESDAY, FEB 21st>
It has opened to register your teams and closes on 2/21/17 at 11:00 p.m.
, Feb 2
​1​
, 2017 by 11:00pm.
*All students must be pre-registered for adequate materials to be prepared.
> To register for the CDE.
> Go to the AG. Ed. Website and log in.
> Click on Event Registration.
> Click on Sub Area you would like to register for
> Click on the edit for each event that your are registering.
> Click on edit for the T-shirts that you order. It will make an invoice for your T-shirts.

CDE Dress
 *It is recommended that students wear official dress for speaking events.  Please make sure you have enough scarfs/ ties for all your students competing.

Prepared Public Speaking Manuscripts

Junior and Senior Public Speaking Manuscripts are due on

​Tuesday, Feb 21st​
.

Manuscripts and Statement of Certification should be emailed to applications-centralregion@gaaged.org or mailed to the Fort Valley office, address is below.

** All applications must include a copy of the Statement of Certification.

The Finals for these events will be held at Feagin Mill Middle on March 23rd.  Discussion Meet will also be held that day.  There will be a sign-up for Discussion Meet at a later date.

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education