Teachers

1) If you go back to the entry site:
You can print out a list of all of your entries for each show.  Some agents/teachers find this handy at check in.

2. Check your entries:
go to the state registration website and what you see is what we will have on the check-in sheets.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE check your entries and let the show superintendent know today if there is a problem.  It is easier to fix something now than it is at the scale.

3. Please prepare your parents to be respectful of the unloading process at check in.  Georgia National Fairgrounds has made several changes / updates that will help the unloading process go as smoothly as possible, but we need everyone's cooperation. Please move your trucks /trailers as soon as you are finished unloading at check in.

4. Purebred heifers will need an ORIGINAL copy of the registration certificate.  (every year someone leaves them at home)

5. Don't forget the health papers!  Health papers for show livestock in Georgia are good for 4 months... make sure your Health papers haven't expired.

6. We have made several schedule changes this year on the cattle shows and addition of the doe show, please check the schedule attached to this email. and let your Area Livestock Teacher.  Cattle check in will be on Wednesday from 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. (new time this year)

7. Cattle rule clarification: "Heifers (or steers) cannot be reloaded and/or transported on the grounds until that animal has completed showing. Once the animal is through showing, it can be loaded and removed from the facility."  This rule does not mean heifers/ steers can not leave when they are finished showing.  It simply means we do not want trailers hauling calves to the show ring/tie outs and vice versa.

8. The Breeding Does and the Market Hog pens have been assigned and sent out please check the list before unloading animals.

9.  We still need help working the shows, please check the link contact the show superintendent (see list below) if you can help.

HAVE A SAFE TRIP!

Show Superintendents:
Breeding Does:  Trisha Lastly, Niki Whitley
Breeding Ewes:  Kent Benson, Lawton Stewart
Beef Heifers:  Ricky Wheeler, Jacob Segers
Beef Cattle Barn Manager:  Carole Knight
Dairy Heifers:  Jillian Bohlen, Stan Mitchell
Market Hogs:  Robert Dove, Tommy Waldrop
Market Steers:  Heather Shultz, Christa Steinkamp

--
Tommy Waldrop
Area Animal Science Teacher