Good morning,

I am not sure if you are on the National Ag Ed listserve, but if not, this was sent out yesterday... thought you may be interested in this lesson plan to go along with the Smith-Hughes Act 100th Anniversary.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gary Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 9:29 PM
Subject: [Usaged-l] A Lesson Plan for February 23

On February 23, 1917 president Woodrow Wilson signed the Smith-Hughes Act into law. To commemorate this event a lesson plan (including a PowerPoint presentation, class activities, and a Kahoot quiz) has been developed.

The Smith-Hughes Centennial Committee encourages you to teach about the Smith-Hughes Act, ideally on February 23. It would fit perfectly with the FFA week theme and activities. The PowerPoint tells who Smith and Hughes were. They were real live people and one of them was an influential farmer. Your students should find this to be interesting.

The lesson plan and other materials can be downloaded from tinyurl.com/Smith-Hughes. There are other Smith-Hughes resources at this site including a news release and a sample proclamation.

We would also encourage state teacher organizations to consider incorporating recognition of the Smith-Hughes Act into your annual conference. Special commemorative lapel pins can be ordered from Tony Small ([log in to unmask]) at the National Council for Agricultural Education. We can also help arrange for a speaker if you need one.

This event only occurs once every 100 hundred years. Don't miss it. While we can use this event to celebrate the past, it gives a great opportunity to promote what we do in agricultural education and plan for the next 100 years.

--
Gary Moore
Agricultural and Extension Education

--