*To the advisors of the  Jr. and Sr. Prepared Public Speaking finalists. *

*Each Jr. and Sr. Prepared Public Speaking CDE finalist is to bring 4
copies of the manuscript to the final round. * You are allowed to make
changes and corrections to the manuscript. I highly suggest that you look
over your manuscripts and compare it to the manuscript grading rubric in
the CDE guidelines. We will use three of the copies during the speech by
the judges and the fourth copy will be the manuscript that will be graded.
Because of the delay in determining the area finalist due to the
postponement of yesterdays CDE preliminary round, there is limited time for
you to make corrections to manuscripts and return to us prior to the
finals.  Therefore, the* corrected copies you brin*g will be judged *AFTER* the
speaking final round which will delay Jr. and Sr Prepared Speaking
announcement until manuscripts are judged next week.  This will be done as
quickly as possible.*  IF YOU DO NOT *bring four copies that day, the
original manuscript score will be used.

--
Ira Tucker

South Region Director