To the advisors of the  Jr. and Sr. Prepared Public Speaking finalists.

Each Jr. and Sr. Prepared Public Speaking CDE finalist is to bring 4 copies of the manuscript to the final round.
 You are allowed to make changes and corrections to the manuscript. I highly suggest that you look over your manuscripts and compare it to the manuscript grading rubric in the CDE guidelines. We will use three of the copies during the speech by the judges and the fourth copy will be the manuscript that will be graded. Because of the delay in determining the area finalist due to the postponement of yesterdays CDE preliminary round, there is limited time for you to make corrections to manuscripts and return to us prior to the finals.  Therefore, the corrected copies you bring will be judged AFTER the speaking final round which will delay Jr. and Sr Prepared Speaking announcement until manuscripts are judged next week.  This will be done as quickly as possible.  IF YOU DO NOT bring four copies that day, the original manuscript score will be used.

--
Ira Tucker

South Region Director
South Region Agriculture Education