---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marlee Garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 4:21 PM
Subject: High School Student Opportunity: Animal Science in Action

My name is Marlee Garner and I am Masters student at the University of
Georgia. I am working alongside the Department of Animal Science here at
UGA to promote an amazing opportunity for rising high school juniors and
seniors and I was wondering if you would help pass it along.

This summer, *June 8th and 9th*, the Department of Animal Science here at
UGA is offering an opportunity for rising high school juniors and seniors
who are interested in pursuing a degree/career in Animal Science and/or
Agriculture  called *Animal Science in Action*. During these two days,
students will be able to tour UGA's campus, the Animal Science Department,
the new vet school, and some of our various animal facilities around town.
Also, there will be a full day of hands on work, where students will have
the opportunity to meet with professors, graduate and undergraduate
students, and industry leaders, while learning about some of the hands on
animal techniques that we use in the classroom here at UGA. So, the
students will be able to work with horses, pigs, cows, and sheep during the
day while interacting with UGA faculty and industry leaders. But, this
opportunity is not only for the students. There will also be information
sessions about admissions into undergraduate and vet school and financial
aid where both the students and parents can be involved.

Our hope is that students who attend Animal Science in Action come out will
a better understanding of what they as students in the Animal Science
Department would be doing while in class. Through this we would like to
increase awareness about what can be done with a degree in Animal Science,
thus creating the next generation of leaders.

All students have to do to become eligible to participate in this program
is submit their application by April 28th.

I have attached a link to the application and a link for an information
page about Animal Science in Action for your convenience.

http://students.caes.uga.edu/prospective/high-school-
programs/animal-science-in-action.html
Animal Science In Action | Students @ CAES
<http://students.caes.uga.edu/prospective/high-school-programs/animal-science-in-action.html>
students.caes.uga.edu
Animal Science in Action is a two-day program designed for rising high
school juniors and seniors interested in science and in careers in animal
science.

I greatly appreciate your time and hope that you are able to pass this
information along to Agriculture Teachers throughout the state in the hopes
of spreading the word about this great opportunity.

Please feel free to email or call me if anyone has any questions.

Again thank you so much,

Marlee Garner

University of Georgia

B.S.A Animal Science