From: Marcus Pollard <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 12:33 PM
Subject: Newton High School Opening Position
To: "Stan Mitchell ([log in to unmask])" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Tim Schmitt <[log in to unmask]>

Stan,

Here’s the position announcement for Newton High School.  Please share on the listserv.

Newton High School, in Covington, GA, will have a position open for the 2017-2018 school year.  The position is a single teacher program that has pathway focuses in Horticulture, Nursery Landscape, and Floral Design.  The building was built four years ago and the facilities are top notch.  The greenhouse is state of the art and in great shape.  There is potential for a livestock show team.  We have a county-wide shared livestock facility just a couple of miles down the road.  The community and administrative support is great for the growth of the program.  The position is one of six agricultural education teacher positions in the county and we all work very closely together.  It is worth noting our proximity to the FFA/FCCLA Center and the new 3.3 million dollar agricultural center that is planned to be completed in 2018.  The addition of this facility is expected to further the growth of our programs.  The contract is a 12 month contract.  Interested applicants should complete the online application found on Newton County’s website.  Applicants are welcome to contact me with questions about the position.

Thank you,

Marcus Pollard

Lead Agricultural Education Teacher

Newton College & Career Academy