From: Ben Lastly
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2017 4:30 PM
To: 'Ag Ed Discussion Group'
Subject: Agenda for State CDEs at UGA - March 17-18

Ag Teachers,

It is nearly Friday! I hope that you have had a good week finishing up FFA Week activities, award applications and local/county livestock shows. It’s a busy time, but a very exciting time of year. Keep up the great work. You are impacting students every day.

As you know, the University of Georgia will host state Career Development Events in Athens on March 17-18. Attached is an agenda for the CDEs in Athens. Below is a list of CDEs being held at UGA and the Superintendents responsible.

EVENTS & SUPERINTENDENTS
Below is a list of CDEs and the state Superintendent. If you have not already heard from the appropriate CDE superintendent with details of your CDE,  you will very soon. Please feel free to contact them with questions.

Agricultural Communications

Ben Lastly ([log in to unmask]) and Erin Nessmith ([log in to unmask])

Lawnmower Operations
Sidney Bell ([log in to unmask])

Livestock Evaluation
Kent Benson ([log in to unmask])

Nursery/Landscape
Josh Allen ([log in to unmask])

Poultry Evaluation
Tommy Waldrop ([log in to unmask])

Wildlife Management
Brandon Ray ([log in to unmask]

AWARD ASSEMBLY
There will be an award assembly at 3:00 p.m. to announce results of each CDE. The award assembly will be held in Mahler Hall (large room) inside the Georgia Center. The Georgia Center (formerly the Center for Continuing Education, sits across the street from Stegman Coliseum and the Hoke-Smith building. The address for the Georgia Center is below. When each CDE is over, we ask that teams find lunch in Athens and then meet in the Mahler Hall – Georgia Center to listen to results. As we did at ABAC and FVSU, we will hand out banners and medals to top three teams and individuals.

Georgia Center

1197 South Lumpkin Street
Athens, GA

There will be several options for parking at the Georgia Center. First, the South Campus parking deck connects to the Georgia Center. Any standard size vehicle can fit in the deck. Any large vehicle and bus can park near Foley Field or Stegman Colisum (1 block away) or at the Campus View Church of Christ (1360 South Lumpkin) which is about two blocks north on Lumpkin Street.

If you have any questions, please contact me or the appropriate CDE superintendent. I hope to see you in Athens on March 17-18.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA